Data Stewardship Principles
What we stand for:
- We are all accountable for upholding the data stewardship principles, which are consistent with our company values, especially Integrity without Compromise.
- Our customers' privacy (and their customers' and employees') is paramount to us.
- Our customers place a deep trust in Intuit because we hold their most sensitive data . . . therefore, we are a trusted steward of their data.
We will not:
- Without explicit permission, sell, publish or share data entrusted to us by a customer that identifies the customer or any person.
- Use customer data to help our customers improve their financial lives. This means: we help them make or save money, be more productive, be in compliance.
- Use customer data to operate our business, including helping our customers improve their user experience and understand the products and services that are available to help them.
- Give customers choices about our use of data that identifies them.
- Give open and clear explanations about how we use data.
- Train our employees about how to keep data safe and secure, and educate our customers about how to keep theirs and their customers' data safe and secure.
Learn how data stewardship fuels data-driven innovation at Intuit.