Safely Surf the Web
- Do not click links you receive in email. Instead, after you’ve verified it’s legitimate, type the Web address directly into your browser.
- Only provide information on sites that start with https:// and a lock icon which appears at the bottom of the browser window.
- Do not respond to or open suspicious error or warning dialog boxes.
- Do not accept free deals that pop up on your screen without first checking to ensure the offer is legitimate.
- Install product updates and security patches before using the Internet. Visit the software or browser manufacturer’s Website for the latest updates.
- Visit sites like Microsoft Security Essentials and OnGuard Online for up to date information.