Published: Wednesday, 28 September 2016 17:58
Email service and social media account breaches are becoming high-profile and increasingly common.
At Intuit, we take the security of our customers’ information seriously. All too often social media accounts and email services are subject to data breaches. It is common for people to use the same credentials to log into multiple accounts, including Intuit’s products, which means that their information could be at risk if their password is not changed regularly.
What actions should I take to protect my information?
There are a few simple steps you can take to protect your information.
- When you read about a data breach from a service that you use, make sure to immediately change those credentials in any place that you use it. If that service provides multi-factor authentication, it’s good practice to activate this additional security measure.
- Make sure to update your Intuit account with a phone number and opt-in to two-step verification.
How do I enable or disable the opt-in two-step verification?
- Sign into your Intuit account.
- Click the Security tab.
- Scroll down to Two-step Verification and click Turn On.
- Choose to receive the one-time passcode by either text message or voice message and click Turn On.
- Enter the one-time passcode you received and then click Continue.
- It’s good practice to regularly change your passwords. Avoid using the same password for multiple accounts.
For more tips on how to protect your information, please visit security.intuit.com.